#001: Two Entrepreneurs Walk Into a Bar...
Opening your own business is a daunting idea for most people. You can feel like you’re alone on an island with no one around to help. On top of the terror from leaving your 9-5 job, you now have to figure out all of the ins and outs of starting and running your own business. Ultimately, this is what stops a lot of people from acting on their dreams.
Enter “Treps Journey.”
As the podcast kicks off the guys discuss their vision for Treps Journey and how it will help other would-be entrepreneurs gain the skills and confidence to take the leap into opening their own business. JP and Ben discuss how they originally met, their backgrounds, paths through the corporate world, and what ultimately led them to launching their own businesses.
· JP and Ben catch up on the early struggles of entrepreneurship. [0:38]
· The guys talk technology – New Computers? [2:20]
· JP shares this week’s Treps Hack – Thoughts on pricing. [4:55]
· Learning what value is from an anecdote about Picasso. [7:01]
· The guys talk about their goal for Treps Journey and what they hope to accomplish. [8:55]
· The story behind the duo. How JP and Ben met. [11:30]
· Ben talks about a handful of things new entrepreneurs deal with and that you’ll need to think about. [14:25]
· Ben gives some insight into his background and what led to the launch of his business. [15:55]
· Ben’s experience winning Start-Up Weekend-Boston. [17:00]
· What Ben learned working in the corporate world. [19:10]
· Ben’s vision for IoClothes and the integration of wearables into the apparel and footwear industries. [20:42]
· What it feels like after taking the plunge and quitting your job to opening your own business. [21:38]
· JP discusses his background and traces his entrepreneurial roots back to his childhood. [24:46]
· Selling The Invisible by Harry Beckwith