#002: Do You Know Your "Why"?
Have you ever found yourself in a rut, trying to recapture the motivation to keep pushing through the difficult times?
Inevitably, any small-business owner will have highs and lows on their journey through entrepreneurship. The important thing is to be able to stay focused when times are tough, and keep working toward your goals.
In this episode, the guys discuss the importance of understanding your “why” for what you are doing by creating a Personal Vision. If properly done, this can single-handedly provide you with more motivation and guidance than any business book out there.
· JP and Ben catch up on the highlights of the past week. [0:39]
· Ben gives us the Treps Hack of the week - The importance of having a great team around you. [3:38]
· Why you also need to have a strong personal “team” around you. [6:05]
· Why you should never be the “Smartest person in the room.” 7:30]
· JP makes a commitment/offer to the Treps Journey community. [9:07]
· The guys get into the topic of the day: The importance of knowing your “why.” And how to create a “Personal Vision.” [10:13]
· How you can help get yourself through the tough times of entrepreneurship. [11:45]
· Ben asks a valuable question about future goals, and the guys debate the trade-offs between growing a massive company versus staying small. [13:08]
· JP talks about Capable Wealth and his “why.” [16:16]
· Ben talks about ioClothes and his “why.” [20:38]
· The most important asset you have, and why it’s even more important for new entrepreneurs. [24:40]
· How to figure out what activities are most likely to bring you success in your business. [25:35]
· The power of saying “no” and how it can help increase your output and efficiency. [28:26]
· Ben closes the episode with a quote from Alice In Wonderland. [31:09]
· The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
· The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan
· The Founder's Dilemma by Noam Wasserman
· Essentialism by Greg McKeown
· Jim Rohn – Famous entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker
· Peter Drucker– Famous management consultant, educator, and author
· Peter Diamandis – Entrepreneur and founder of X Prize Foundation and Singularity University
· Ben’s Business: IoClothes
· Jared’s Business: Capable Wealth