#007: Using Target Marketing To Increase Success
“If you try to please everyone, you’ll end up pleasing no one.”
One of the biggest struggles for new entrepreneurs is the battle between the long-term vision for their company, and the ability to bring in short-term revenue. All businesses need money to stick around, but is your current opportunity the best thing for your business in the long-term?
JP and Ben talk about their struggles with successfully implementing a target-marketing plan, and how specific mistakes have cost them time and money.
· The guys catch up on the last week. [0:36]
· Ben gives us the Treps Hack of the week. [4:27]
· How “Target Marketing” can help supercharge your success. [7:06]
· Ben talks about his experience with a time-vampire, and how important it is to set parameters. [12:01]
· How a philosophical misalignment can ruin your chances of success when working with a difficult client. [17:01]
· How a great marketing plan can actually repel more clients than it attracts, and why this is a good thing! [19:28]
· How sales can help clients do the right thing. [21:14]
· How target marketing goes beyond the demographics and into the psychological factors. [23:49]
· How the 80/20 Rule can help you increase the output of your business by eliminating the wrong clients and focusing on the right clients. [29:00]
· The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss