#008: Marketing For The New Entrepreneur
“How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!”
Marketing can be an overwhelming endeavor. With the rise of social media platforms and strategies such as content marketing, a new entrepreneur can easily get lost in the sea of options that are available.
The important thing to realize is you have to be measured and focused in your approach, but also willing to pivot.
In this week’s episode, the guys discuss their early experiences with marketing, and get into topics ranging from what type of platforms to use, how often to post, and how to provide true value to your audience.
· JP and Ben catch up on the past week. [0:38]
· Ben gives us the Treps Hack of the week. [5:11]
· The guys dive into the main topic of the week: Marketing. [8:00]
· Why Content Marketing will be a big focus for the guys. [9:25]
· Ben reflects on a past business and how he was denied funding from an investor because of a lackluster marketing plan. [9:57]
· JP discusses his early experiences with social media marketing and signs of progress. [13:10]
· The value of content marketing for your business. [15:10]
· The importance of picking the right social media platforms to use in your marketing efforts, and why a “shotgun” approach might not be the best strategy. [18:28]
· Why social media marketing isn’t as easy as it sounds. [19:44]
· How the importance of consistency is underrated. [22:18]
· JP has a revelation on the creation of content, the use of social media, and how it is a part of your larger marketing efforts. [23:47]
· How to become an industry expert and build credibility and authority by taking proactive measures. [24:50]