#005: Your Most Precious Asset
“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Sir Isaac Netwon
In the hectic maze of entrepreneurship, it is easy to get lost amongst the mountains of meetings, phone calls, and never-ending to-do lists.
Without a doubt, time is your most precious asset. If you don’t put a high value on your time, don’t expect others to do it for you.
In this episode, JP and Ben dive into the importance of picking the right clients, the ramifications of working with the wrong clients, and some tools to help you maximize the use of your time.
You’ll also hear how Ben “wasted” 11 hours, but learned a valuable lesson in the process.
· The guys catch up on the previous week. [0:36]
· JP and Ben discuss public speaking and how to overcome the fear most people feel. [3:30]
· JP hits a milestone in the early stages of his social media marketing efforts. [4:38]
· How to balance the use of email lists and other social media platforms for marketing. [7:33]
· The importance of having business models, and why borrowing great ideas is a great way to help you be successful. [12:33]
· Ben gives us the Treps Hack of the week. [14:32]
· JP and Ben discuss some stressful things on the horizon for their businesses. [18:26]
· Discussion on technology needs. [20:58]
· The importance of picking the right clients to work with. [24:05]
· Why your clients won’t value your time if you don’t. [34:21]
· Jared’s Firm - Capable Wealth
· The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
· Hubspost CRM system
· The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
· Episode #2 – The Importance of Having A Personal Vision