#015: The Importance Of Sales
“Sales is not a bad thing to focus on. Sales shouldn’t be a way to get people to do something that they shouldn’t be doing. You should have a product that you’re proud of, that you have a lot of passion for, and be providing value to people; and sales is just your way to get them over the mental roadblock to taking action.” – Jared Paul
Sales can sometimes be viewed with a negative connotation. Not many people want to be called a “salesperson.” But sales is one of the most important parts of any business, and a skill that can help accelerate your success.
In this episode, the guys talk about some sales ideas Ben is considering with his new platform. They talk about some tactics, and strategy around pre-selling a product.
Tune in for a lively discussion on one of the most important skills for any businessperson.
Resources and Links:
· IoClothes Platform
· The guys catch up on the last week of events. [0:36]
· Jared give us the Treps Hack of the week. [5:21]
· The guys get into the main topic of the show: Sales. [9:34]
· JP gives his background in sales and gives Ben advice on his platform. Why you need to put yourself in the clients shoes. [14:15]
· JP and Ben discuss if you should go after the big fish first or start with the low-hanging fruit for your first sales. [17:45]
· Ben gives the background of his platform and what it is. [19:35]