#017: Setting Big Scary Goals!
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." – Muhammad Ali
Setting goals is an activity most businesses do; but for new entrepreneurs, it can be a difficult task to embark upon. The typical result is that the goals most people set are what they feel are “achievable” in our minds in order to allow us a high probability of success. But what if this is the wrong mentality to have?
Setting big goals can be a daunting exercise, but it can be one of the best ways to drive the necessary action in order to be successful.
In this episode, JP and Ben talk about the value in setting big goals, and how it’s played a substantial role in their success.
Selected Resources and Links from the Episode:
· Graceland – The home of Elvis Presley
· Do The Work by Steven Pressfield
· The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
· The guys catch up on the past week. [0:35]
· Ben tells us about his trip to Graceland. [1:30]
· Jared updates us about some interesting events with his real estate and other businesses. [7:00]
· JP puts a capstone on a thought from the last episode. [10:25]
· JP Gives us the Treps Hack of the week. [16:00]
· The guys get into the main topic of the week – Setting big goals! [20:25]
· JP talks about a story that inspired this week’s topic. [21:25]
· Ben talks about his thoughts on scaling and the evolution of his business planning. [24:45]
· Why your goals need to be relevant to your industry and be rooted in legitimate statistics and info. [45:00]