#021: Outsourcing For Growth - Hiring A Virtual Assistant
“If as am entrepreneur you aren’t careful, you’ll start a business and you think you own a business, but in a pretty short period of time, the business owns you. And that is an incredibly challenging thing to happen. That’s when resentment sets in, that’s when you start to feel the weight of the world and you get burnt out.” – Ben Cooper
As you set out to build your business you will be filled with excitement for what lies ahead. But as things progress, more and more tasks will build up. Soon enough, you’ll start to feel a lot like Atlas, with the weight of the world on your shoulders.
An important topic is how to properly outsource tasks in order to help you grow, and keep you sane.
Hiring a virtual assistant is a great way to accomplish this.
In this episode, the guys discuss the process of hiring a VA, and ways to help you increase the likelihood of a positive outcome.
Selected Resources and Links from the Episode:
· The Capable Wealth Podcast – Subscribe on iTunes or any major podcast app
· The IoClothes Podcast – Subscribe on iTunes or any major podcast app
· Virtual Freedom – by Chris Ducker
· Help A Reporter Out (HARO)
· The guys talk about perspective, and what it truly means to be working hard. [1:30]
· JP discusses how to shift focus from one task to the next by freeing up mental space. [9:50]
· The guys give us the Treps Hack of the week: The two-minute rule. [18:45]
· Hiring a virtual assistant. [21:33]
· What expectations to have when hiring a virtual assistant. [28:30]
· Ben discusses the things to consider when hiring a virtual assistant. [33:30]
· What does a clear job description for a virtual assistant look like? [40:00]