#026: Enjoy the Journey
“If you try to flash forward through the tough times and go through things too quickly, you’re closing your eyes to the story as it’s unfolding. I’m trying to live every day in the present as I go through my journey.” –Jared Paul
Freshly back from their 3+ month trips to different parts of the world, JP and Ben reunite on US soil to catch up on what’s happening with their businesses.
They dive into their recent ups and downs, and discuss why it’s important to be present, both physically and mentally, throughout your entrepreneurial journey.
Selected Resources and Links from the Episode:
· Treps Journey Show #15 – “The Importance Of Sales”
· The Pareto Principle, A.K.A. - The 80/20 Rule
· “The Man In The Arena” quote
· “Do The Work” by Steven Pressfield
· JP discusses the pros and cons of working on multiple businesses. [3:28]
· Ben discusses how sports helped prepare him for his current entrepreneurial struggles. [7:30]
· JP gives us our Treps Hack of the week. [12:21]
· Being present in the moment helps write a clearer chapter in the story of your life. [22:42]
· Ben discusses the downside of success. [25:25]
· Why entrepreneurs are like Gods and Mothers. [32:10]