#041: Customer Service is King
“Doing the right thing is always the right thing to do. Play the long game.”
In the mad dash to grow their business, entrepreneurs can sometimes forget about the basics.
Studies have shown that it is much more expensive to acquire a new customer, than to keep an existing customer.
If that is the case, why do you hear stories about extremely poor customer service?
In today’s episode, the guys discuss recent experiences they’ve had with customer service; both from a positive and negative perspective.
They also talk about the importance of providing a high level of customer service, and why this should be one of the fundamental building blocks of any new business.
Selected Resources and Links from the Episode
· “How To Stop Worrying About Small Purchases By Focusing On The Right Things.” – Capable Wealth Blog
· Extreme Commuting - Wikipedia
· Italki.com – Online language learning community
· Dropbox.com – Cloud storage service
· Google Drive – Cloud storage service
· Capital Region Classic – Charitable Non-profit founded by JP and others.
· JP gives us this week’s Treps Hack. [19:00]
· The guys dive into the main topic of the show – Customer Service is king! [22:46]
· JP tells a story about horrible customer service, and why he is no longer using a specific business for his business needs. [23:00]
· Ben tells us about a positive experience with customer service that has created loyalty with a business service he uses. [30:15]
· Why people are more likely to spread the word about a bad experience than a good one. [34:35]
· Why it’s more cost-effective to focus on your existing clients than to find new ones. [36:40]