#043: Moving on Opportunity
In the world of entrepreneurship, as in investing, there are countless opportunities you’ll come across.
Knowing how to sift through the landmines and find your pot of gold is a skill that cannot be understated.
In today’s episode, the guys discuss the many opportunities that have presented themselves over the years. They dive into the specific tactics, as well as the thought-processes they use in order to evaluate potential value, and the potential risk in each opportunity.
Selected Resources and Links from the Episode
· “Do The Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way” by Steven Pressfield
· “Ep #18: How To Create Passive Income And Stop Working” – The Capable Wealth Podcast
· “Ep #10: Real Estate Investing Is Awesome – 5 Reasons Why” – The Capable Wealth Podcast
· “Ep #37: Taking Advice” – Treps Journey Podcast
· Biggerpockets.com – Online community of real estate investors
· “Ep #2: Do You Know Your ‘Why’?” – Treps Journey Podcast
· Ben opens up with a story about a recent win with productivity. [1:00]
· JP opens an entrepreneurial “Pandora’s Box” with a new business venture. [10:22]
· JP gives us the Treps Hack of the week. [13:00]
· The guys get into the main topic of the day – Finding and assessing opportunity. [21:20]
· How do you decide between short-term vs long-term investments? [29:33]
· How do you calculate risk? [36:55]
· Evaluating past decisions and being open to change. [39:50]
· How do you educate yourself on a new topic and do your homework before getting involved? [42:50]
· JP summarizes his thoughts on today’s show. [48:11]
· How to think outside of the box in order to help you seize opportunities. [51:30