#047: "Staying" Power
One of the most important factors in the success of an entrepreneur is staying power.
Unfortunately, it’s one that is not often discussed.
There is no one single way to cultivate staying power, but every entrepreneur requires it in order to stay in the game long enough to succeed.
In today’s episode, the guys discuss the importance of staying power, and how their different experiences have shaped the way they think about it.
Selected Resources and Links from the Episode
· Joe Gebbia – Founder of Air BnB
· The Rejection Equation by Joe Gebbia on the Tim Ferriss Show
· CapitalOne Café – Co-work space
· JP gives us the Treps Hack of the week – The “Rejection Equation.” [6:38]
· The guys get into today’s main topic – Staying Power [11:45]
· The reasons why great ideas and products fail. [13:00]
· The balance between being hyper-focused on one project, and spreading out your risk. [16:00]
· When to “stick to your guns” on an idea, or pivoting and adjusting your course. [26:00]
· Why one person’s advice might work for some, and not for others. [27:50]
· Ben discusses how he is focused on increasing his staying power. [36:27]